Last year I wrote about my Generic Node Component which I use as the basis for displaying nodes in an ECS-based game. Since then, I’ve refined this approach in a couple of ways.
Getting back in to the Life Drawing here in Melbourne. This is from last week’s session.
It started with a trip to Singapore.
This was a natural deadline to get AdventureKit to 1.0.
It was going so well. In the last week, I had added my first animated walk cycle and even included some reach animations for my main character.
One of the exercises from the Art and Science of Drawing pcourse on Skillshare was to accurately capture an organic object, like this here pepper.
This was from week 8. Previous post shows my work from week 1. Imma go ahead and say the course helped.
Recently completed the Art and Science of Drawing on Skillshare. It’s a good course with an emphasis on precise observation and practice. These are the flowers from week 1.
I have a trigger component that can cause things to happen in my games as a response to other events. Each trigger has various properties (animation, sound, movement) that the trigger component uses to update other components.
I think I now have a firm grasp of how basic rigging works in Duik and I wanted to summarise it here in case future me forgets the details (likelihood: high).
I’m using Scrivener to draft the puzzle document for my first adventure game and I’m using Grim Fandango’s document as a template.
Initially, I created the room layout in Affinity Designer on the iPad and exported it as an image which was then embedded into a Scrivener document.
One of the things that I got stuck on last year while developing AdventureKit was tracking state. After coming back to it again this year I realise I was coming at it from the wrong direction.